L.C. Soaring High!!!!

L.C. Soaring High!!!!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Life Skills for Success

Exercise 1:
Today, I want all of you to start by identifying your fears. Perhaps not your greatest fear, that may too difficult for you. Try some of your simple, day-to-day fears. Identify these puppies so that we can then move on.
Once you have successfully identified a few (I'm sure you have a lot, we all do, haha), conquer one. Just one today. I know what you're thinking, "L.C. Stephen, HOW do I conquer this fear?" That is a GREAT question! And the answer is to jump right into that fear! It's that SIMPLE! "Will it be difficult?" You betcha! But once you have done it, you will feel great and want more! It is addicting, trust me.

Here is an example:
John Curls is afraid to confront strangers. Today, John must confront a stranger with a semi-courteous "Hello" and continue conversation for at least three exchanges of dialogue. This will help John be a better communicator, and also give him more CONFIDENCE (a virtue we will be hitting HARD).

5 comments:

chad was marco said...

"I will be here day in and day out. Through thick and thin i will be present. Rain or shine."

L.C., remember when you taught me that verse! I live it every day!

Chad!

Wolfman said...

As if it were only a meal ago! Bravo, and glad to see that you are as intense as EVER!

Your Truly,
L.C.S.G.T.

ClickNathan said...

I'm afraid to tell the guys at Apple that my iPhone didn't "just stop working" but in actuality, it was in my pocket when I found myself submerged below the Allegheny river from a flash Flood.

I confronted them with this fear, on Monday, and I had to buy a new one. Luckily, I had Flood insurance so we should all still be happy.

chad was marco said...

was Flood with you and shawn when you saw my brother. were you at bites and brews?

-the preceding was an unrelated conversational

Wolfman said...

I wouldn't worry about any 'phones'. When I'm done with you, your voice will be as LOUD as thunder! and will most likely SCARE away the floods next time HAHA.

But good job on the confrontation. Next time, get PHYSICAL!